Selected Honors and Awards
- Juror’s Choice Award: Capitol Hill Art League Juried Exhibition, Hill Center Galleries, January, 2016.
- Materials Award: 87th Grand National Exhibition, The American Artists Professional League, New York, NY, November 2015.
- Best Painting Incorporating Water: Paint Annapolis, June 2015.
- 2nd Place: Paint Annapolis Juried Artist Quick Draw, June 2015
- Thomas Moran SCNY Award: Salmagundi Spring Auction Exhibition, March 2015
- Certificate of Merit: Salmagundi 106th Annual Thumb-Box Exhibition, December 2014.
- Third Place: Piedmont Plein Aire Paint Out, September 2014.
- Second Place: Paint Annapolis, June 2014.
- Best of Show: Mattawoman Creek Art Center Juried Exhibit, April 2014.
- Artists’ Choice Award: Paint Snow Hill, April 2014.
- Juror’s Choice Award: Small Wonders National Juried Exhibit, Maryland Federation of Art, December, 2013.
- Best Rural Landscape/Town Award: Easels in Frederick, June 2013.
- First Place: Hammonton, NJ 6th Annual Plein Air Competition, April 2013.
- First Place: April All-Media Exhibition, Capitol Hill Art League, 2013.
- First Place: March All-Media Exhibition, Capitol Hill Art League, 2013.
- Juror’s Choice Award: Winter Member Exhibit, Maryland Federation of Art, 2013.
- Open Box M Merit Award: Third Annual Plein Air Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, 2012.
- Second Place Award: November All-Media Exhibition, Capitol Hill Art League, 2012.
- Artist’s Choice for Best Artist Award: Plein Air Brandywine, 2012.
- Second Place Award: October All-Media Exhibition, Capitol Hill Art League, 2012.
- Plein Air Magazine Merit Award: Plein Air 757, 2012.
- John Collins Memorial Award: The American Artists Professional League 83rd Grand National Exhibition, New York, NY, 2011.
- In The French Tradition Award: Out and About Norfolk Plein Air Competition 2011.
- Caruso Award For Painting: “Strokes of Genius” National Show, Maryland Federation of Art, 2011.
- Second Place: Solomons Paint the Town Quick Draw Event, 2011.
- Best Of Show: February All-Media Show. Capitol Hill Art League, 2011.
- In The French Tradition Award: Out and About Norfolk Plein Air Competition 2010.
- The Art League Equal Merit Award: “Art in City Hall”, City of Alexandria, VA, Fall, 2010.
- Second Place: Glasstown Arts District Plein Air Competition, Millville, New Jersey, 2010.
- Second Place: 16th Annual All-Media Juried Exhibit, Mattawoman Creek Art Center, 2010.
- The Art League Award: “Art in City Hall”, City of Alexandria VA, Spring, 2010.
- Honorable Mention For Color: Riverbend Paint-Out Competition, Great Falls, VA, 2009.
- Second Place: April Regional Show, Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts, 2009.
- East Alcove Gallery, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD. September 9 – November 1, 2013.
- La Piccolo Roma, Meet-the-Artist, Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis, MD – December/January 2012
- Yellow Barn Gallery, Glen Echo, MD – November 2012.
- VOLT Gallery, Artique Underground, Frederick, MD – September/October 2012.
- East Gallery, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD. July 15 – September 9, 2011.
- Members’ Gallery, Fredericksburg Center for Creative Arts, VA. “The Colorful Landscape in Light and Shadow” – March 2011.
- Member’s Gallery , Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts “Bringing in the Outside” – February 2010.
Selected Plein Air Events
- Art in the Open, Wexford, Ireland – August 2012.
- Bath County Plein Air Festival – September 2014.
- Callaway Gardens – April 2013.
- Cranford Plein Air Festival – June 2012.
- Chadds Ford Annual Winter Plein Air Paint Out – February 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Easels in Frederick – June 2013.
- Mountain Maryland Plein Air Competitions – June 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015.
- Paint Annapolis – June 2013, 2014, 2015.
- Peidmont Plein Air Paintout – September 2014, 2015.
- Plein Air Brandywine Valley – September 2011, October 2012.
- Plein Air Coastal Delaware – May 2012.
- Plein Air Shenandoah Invitational – August 2014.
- Plein Air 757/Out & About Norfolk Plein Air Competitions – October 2010, 2011, 2012.
- San Luis Obispo Plein Air Festival – October 2011, 2012.
Selected Group Shows
- American Impressionist Society 16th Annual National Juried Exhibition, Trailside Galleries, Scottsdale, AZ, 2015.
- “Quadrants” – 4 person show, Chesapeake Fine Art Studio, Kent Island, MD, 2014.
- Water Work: Lynn Mehta, Sally V. Parker and Barbara Stepura. Harmony Hall Regional Center, 2013.
- 28th Annual Invitational Oxford Fine Arts Fair, MD, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Invitational Show, Mattawoman Creek Art Center, MD, “Rail Trail Impressions”, showcasing the artwork of Lynn Mehta, Sally V. Parker and Barbara Stepura.
- Works of Lynn Mehta and Sarah Griffin Thibodeaux. Philip Carter Winery of Virginia, Hume, VA.
- Upcoming: Acadia National Park Artist Residency, May 2016
- Community Residency, The Compact C-Scape Dune Shack, Cape Cod National Seashore, November 2011.
- Nimrod Hall Summer Arts Program for Artists, Bath County, VA. Summers 2008-12.
- San Diego State University, emphasis Environmental Design, B.A. Art
- workshops and classes with internationally acclaimed artist in the U.S. and abroad
- American Impressionist Society
- California Art Club, Pasadena, CA
- Capitol Hill Arts League, Washington, DC
- Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts, Fredericksburg, VA
- Maryland Federation of the Arts, Annapolis, MD
- Mattawoman Creek Arts Center, Charles County, MD
- Mid-Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association
- Oil Painters of America
- Salmagundi Club, New York, NY
- The American Artists Professional League, Elected Artist Member, New York, NY
- The Art League, Torpedo Factory, Bin Gallery Membership, Alexandria, VA
- Women Painters of the Southeast
Baran, Bruno. “Rail Trail Impressions.” The Palette 26 (2011): 5. Web. 9 June 2011. <http://mapapa.shuttlepod.org/Resources/Documents/May%20MAPAPA%20Newsletter%202011%20Final.pdf>.
Christian, Michelle Brosco. “Plein Air Painting: A Breath of Fresh Air.” Southern Maryland This Is Living 13.1 (2011): 27-29. Print.
Doherty, Steve. “Paint in New York City.” Outdoor Painter. Plein Air Magazine, 22 Sept. 2012. Web. 02 July 2013. <http://www.outdoorpainter.com/featured-events/paint-in-new-york-city.html>.
“Lynn’s Landscapes.” The Free Lance-Star [Fredericksburg, VA] 3 Mar. 2011, Weekender sec.: 13. Print.
Magner, Jim. “Artist Profile: Lynn Mehta”. “Art and the City”. Hill Rag [Washington, DC] February 2016: 114-15. HillRag.com 02 March 2016. http://www.capitalcommunitynews.com/content/art-and-city-30
Pendleton, Gary. 100 Plein Air Painters of the Mid-Atlantic. Atglen, PA: Schiffer Publishing, 2014. pp. 170-71.
“Plein Air Trip for Fun – Sonoran Desert with Lynn and Meg.” The Palette 45 (2013): 1-2. Web. 5 March 2013. http://mapapa.shuttlepod.org/Resources/Documents/April%20Newsletter%204_2013%20.pdf
Rameswaram, Sean. “Take a Hike.” “Art Beat” With Sean Rameswarem. WAMU 88.5 American University Radio. 5 May 2011. Radio.
Taylor, Sara K. “Making an Impression.” Maryland Independent 27 Apr. 2011, sec. B: 5. Print.
“Update Rail Trail Art.” Charles County Update. CCGTV. Cable Access Channel, La Plata, Maryland, 19 Apr. 2011. Charles County Government. Television. 9 June 2011. <http://openstream.charlescounty.org/mediaVideoExternal.jsp?&file=/CC_updates/2011/Updaterailtrailart.mp4>.