Since Lynn began competing and exhibiting as a full-time professional in 2008, she has received over 60 awards. She has been the featured artist in several publications, taught workshops and given demonstrations. Her work is found in public and private collections in the US and abroad.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Quick Draw “The Yard” Sponsor Award, Art in the Open, Wexford, Ireland, August 2017.
- Best Use of Light: Mountain Maryland Plein Air Competition, June 2017.
- 2nd Place: Gloucester Invitational Quick Draw, May 2017.
- Best of Show: BSSS Queen City Plein Air Festival, April 2016.
- 1st Place: Staunton Quick Draw Art Competition, April 2016.
- 4th Place: Women Painters of the Southeast Exhibition 2016.
- Juror’s Choice Award: Capitol Hill Art League Juried Exhibition, Hill Center Galleries, January 2016.
- Materials Award: 87th Grand National Exhibition, The American Artists Professional League, New York, NY, November 2015.
- Best Painting Incorporating Water: Paint Annapolis, June 2015.
- 2nd Place: Paint Annapolis Juried Artist Quick Draw, June 2015
- Thomas Moran SCNY Award: Salmagundi Spring Auction Exhibition, March 2015
- Certificate of Merit: Salmagundi 106th Annual Thumb-Box Exhibition, December 2014.
- 3rd Place: Piedmont Plein Aire Paint Out, September 2014.
- 2nd Place: Paint Annapolis, June 2014.
- Best of Show: Mattawoman Creek Art Center Juried Exhibit, April 2014.
- Artists’ Choice Award: Paint Snow Hill, April 2014.
- Juror’s Choice Award: Small Wonders National Juried Exhibit, Maryland Federation of Art, December, 2013.
- Best Rural Landscape/Town Award: Easels in Frederick, June 2013.
- 1st Place: Hammonton, NJ 6th Annual Plein Air Competition, April 2013.
- 1st Place: April All-Media Exhibition, Capitol Hill Art League, 2013.
- 1st Place: March All-Media Exhibition, Capitol Hill Art League, 2013.
- Juror’s Choice Award: Winter Member Exhibit, Maryland Federation of Art, 2013.
- Open Box M Merit Award: Third Annual Plein Air Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, 2012.
- Artist’s Choice for Best Artist Award: Plein Air Brandywine, 2012.
- Plein Air Magazine Merit Award: Plein Air 757, 2012.
- John Collins Memorial Award: The American Artists Professional League 83rd Grand National Exhibition, New York, NY, 2011.
- In The French Tradition Award: Out and About Norfolk Plein Air Competition 2011.
- Caruso Award For Painting: “Strokes of Genius” National Show, Maryland Federation of Art, 2011.
- Second Place: Solomons Paint the Town Quick Draw Event, 2011.
- Best Of Show: February All-Media Show. Capitol Hill Art League, 2011.
- East Alcove Gallery, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD. September 9 – November 1, 2013.
- La Piccolo Roma, Meet-the-Artist, Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis, MD – December/January 2012
- Yellow Barn Gallery, Glen Echo, MD – November 2012.
- VOLT Gallery, Artique Underground, Frederick, MD – September/October 2012.
- East Gallery, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD. July 15 – September 9, 2011.
- Members’ Gallery, Fredericksburg Center for Creative Arts, VA. “The Colorful Landscape in Light and Shadow” – March 2011.
- Member’s Gallery , Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts “Bringing in the Outside” – February 2010.
Selected Plein Air Events
- Gloucester Invitational, May 2017.
- Los Gatos Plein Air – June 2016.
- Finger Lakes Plein Air Festival – June 2016.
- BSSS Queen City Plein Air Festival – April 2016.
- Chadds Ford Annual Winter Plein Air Paint Out – February 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016.
- Paint Annapolis – June 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017.
- Peidmont Plein Air Paintout – September 2014, 2015.
- Mountain Maryland Plein Air Competitions – June 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017.
- Bath County Plein Air Festival – September 2014.
- Plein Air Shenandoah Invitational – August 2014.
- Easels in Frederick – June 2013.
- Callaway Gardens – April 2013.
- San Luis Obispo Plein Air Festival – October 2011, 2012.
- Plein Air 757/Out & About Norfolk Plein Air Competitions – October 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Plein Air Brandywine Valley – September 2011, October 2012.
- Art in the Open, Wexford, Ireland – August 2012.
- Cranford Plein Air Festival – June 2012.
- Plein Air Coastal Delaware – May 2012.
Selected Group Shows
- American Impressionist Society Inaugural Small Works Showcase Juried Exhibition, Randy Hibgee Gallery, Costa Mesa, CA, 2017.
- “Brush Works: oil paintings by Lynn Mehta and Jim Rehak” Yellow Barn Gallery, Glen Echo, MD, November 12th and 13th, 2016.
- “Vantage Points of Gray Dodson, Lynn Mehta, and Meg Walsh”, Ballard Gallery, Little Washington, VA, October 22 – November 22, 2016.
- American Impressionist Society 16th Annual National Juried Exhibition, Trailside Galleries, Scottsdale, AZ, 2015.
- “Quadrants” – 4 person show, Chesapeake Fine Art Studio, Kent Island, MD, 2014.
- Water Work: Lynn Mehta, Sally V. Parker and Barbara Stepura. Harmony Hall Regional Center, 2013.
- 28th Annual Invitational Oxford Fine Arts Fair, MD, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Invitational Show, Mattawoman Creek Art Center, MD, “Rail Trail Impressions”, showcasing the artwork of Lynn Mehta, Sally V. Parker and Barbara Stepura.
- Works of Lynn Mehta and Sarah Griffin Thibodeaux. Philip Carter Winery of Virginia, Hume, VA.
- Acadia National Park Artist Residency, May 2016.
- Community Residency, The Compact C-Scape Dune Shack, Cape Cod National Seashore, November 2011.
- Nimrod Hall Summer Arts Program for Artists, Bath County, VA. Summers 2008-12.
- San Diego State University, emphasis Environmental Design, B.A. Art
- workshops and classes with internationally acclaimed artist in the U.S. and abroad
- American Impressionist Society
- American Society of Marine Artists, Signature Member
- California Art Club, Pasadena, CA
- Capitol Hill Arts League, Washington, DC
- Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts, Fredericksburg, VA
- Maryland Federation of the Arts, Annapolis, MD
- Mattawoman Creek Arts Center, Charles County, MD
- Mid-Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association, Board Member, Artist Member
- Oil Painters of America
- Salmagundi Club, New York, NY
- The American Artists Professional League, Elected Artist Member, New York, NY
- The Art League, Torpedo Factory, Bin Gallery Membership, Alexandria, VA
- Washington Society of Landscape Painters, Washington, DC
Baran, Bruno. “Rail Trail Impressions.” The Palette 26 (2011): 5. Web. 9 June 2011. <http://mapapa.shuttlepod.org/Resources/Documents/May%20MAPAPA%20Newsletter%202011%20Final.pdf>.
Christian, Michelle Brosco. “Plein Air Painting: A Breath of Fresh Air.” Southern Maryland This Is Living 13.1 (2011): 27-29. Print.
Doherty, Steve. “Artist Profile: Structured ‘Messes’.” Plein Air Magazine, September 2016: pp. 48-52. Print.
Doherty, Steve. “Paint in New York City.” Outdoor Painter. Plein Air Magazine, 22 Sept. 2012. Web. 02 July 2013. <http://www.outdoorpainter.com/featured-events/paint-in-new-york-city.html>.
“Lynn’s Landscapes.” The Free Lance-Star [Fredericksburg, VA] 3 Mar. 2011, Weekender sec.: 13. Print.
Magner, Jim. “Artist Profile: Lynn Mehta”. “Art and the City”. Hill Rag [Washington, DC] February 2016: 114-15. HillRag.com 02 March 2016. http://www.capitalcommunitynews.com/content/art-and-city-30
Pendleton, Gary. 100 Plein Air Painters of the Mid-Atlantic. Atglen, PA: Schiffer Publishing, 2014. pp. 170-71.
“Plein Air Trip for Fun – Sonoran Desert with Lynn and Meg.” The Palette 45 (2013): 1-2. Web. 5 March 2013. http://mapapa.shuttlepod.org/Resources/Documents/April%20Newsletter%204_2013%20.pdf
Rameswaram, Sean. “Take a Hike.” “Art Beat” With Sean Rameswarem. WAMU 88.5 American University Radio. 5 May 2011. Radio.
Taylor, Sara K. “Making an Impression.” Maryland Independent 27 Apr. 2011, sec. B: 5. Print.
“Update Rail Trail Art.” Charles County Update. CCGTV. Cable Access Channel, La Plata, Maryland, 19 Apr. 2011. Charles County Government. Television. 9 June 2011. <http://openstream.charlescounty.org/mediaVideoExternal.jsp?&file=/CC_updates/2011/Updaterailtrailart.mp4>.